Grantsville Opera House|
130 West Main Street
(1900 - 1957)
Construction on the Grantsville Opera House began in 1899, two years after the New Social Hall burned down. The first production in the completed theater was "Santiago" on 28 July 1900. The building was dedicated by Joseph F. Smith on 1 December 1901. There was a dance floor in the basement. Over the facade were inscribed the words "Grand Opera". The auditorium had a seating capacity of 700.
Over the years the Grantsville Opera House was used for socials, theatrical productions, movies, and dances. The building was demolished in December 1957 because it was not structurally sound.
2. Polk’s Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1903-1904