Following the success of the New Electric Theatre, Charles Ziemer, H. A. Sims, and Albert Scowcroft opened Oracle Theatre on Washington Avenue. Stanley B. Steck acquired the Oracle in April 1917 and changed the name to Cozy Theatre. Harmon Peery of the Ogden Theatre Company took over management when Steck sold the business in 1923. A few days later, A. M. Miller purchased the building and announced plans to replace the theater with a modern store once the lease expired. Two years later, theater was “made vacant” and a remodeling permit was issued.
The Carriage Square Trolley theater was located at 1785 West 4120 South
and had two screens. The theater was built by Trolley Theaters,
but later managed by Plitt and Cineplex Odeon. Cineplex Odeon closed
the theater in January 1988 because the theater couldn't compete showing
first-run movies. They reopened the theater in July 1988 as a dollar
theater and renamed it Carriage Square Cinemas. The theater was
later closed and converted into a gym.