The Colonial Theatre was built by the Auerbach brothers in 1908 at a cost of $150,000 to show plays by traveling companies with the Northwestern Theatrical Association. The interior was decorated with ivory and gold, with green sidewalls, carpets and draperies. It had a seating capacity of 1936, with box seats and two balconies. It showed movies as the Victory Theatre. About 1942 it was destroyed by fire.
The Martin Dalton Social Hall was built in the middle of Circleville on property donated to the Circleville Amusement Company by Taylor Whittaker in 1907. After the building was damaged by fire in November 1918, events were held in the town's church until a new high school with an auditorium was built in 1921.1
1. "Chapter 9: Bridging the Centuries", A History of Piute County, by Linda King Newell, Utah State History Suite CD-ROM