235 West Main Street
Jake's Hall was built between 1880 and 1882 by J.R. "Uncle Jake" Workman. The hall, located near 235 West Main Street, was "a crude log structure lined with unbleached muslin, with drop curtain and wings made of the same material" Some of the scenery in Jake's Hall, including a burning ship at sea, was painted by Leo Voight, who painted "Remember the Maine" on a cliff in Dry Fork Canyon. Joseph Kirby also painted scenery for the hall.
1. "Chapter 12: Culture, Arts, and Recreation", A History of Uintah County, by Doris Karren Burton, Utah State History CD-ROM