Menu
Strand Theater

279 North Main Street
Tooele, Utah

The Strand Theater was built by John J. Gillette, in 1914.  In 1953 it was leased to Chester L. Price along with the Ritz and Motor-Vu Drive-In.1

The Strand Theater was build in the 1920s by H. H. Johnson and showed silent movies.2

The Strand Theater stopped showing movies sometime after 1955.3

1. "Centre Manager Resigns For New Theater Post", 4 December 1953, Deseret News
2. "Chapter 7: Society, Cultural Development, and Religion", A History of Tooele County, by Ouida Blanthorn, Utah State History CD-ROM
3. "Excel file", movietheatre.org
, listing as its sources the Film Weekly Film Journal yearbooks 1920, 1925, 1930, 1935, 1940, 1945, 1950, 1955 and International motion picture almanacs 1961, 1964, 1969, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000

Notes:
Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1918-1919, 1920-1921, 1922-1923, 1927-1928