Following the success of the New Electric Theatre, Charles Ziemer, H. A. Sims, and Albert Scowcroft opened Oracle Theatre on Washington Avenue. Stanley B. Steck acquired the Oracle in April 1917 and changed the name to Cozy Theatre. Harmon Peery of the Ogden Theatre Company took over management when Steck sold the business in 1923. A few days later, A. M. Miller purchased the building and announced plans to replace the theater with a modern store once the lease expired. Two years later, theater was “made vacant” and a remodeling permit was issued.