3688 South Redwood Road
West Valley City, Utah 84119
The Redwood Drive-In Theatre was built by United Intermountain Theaters at a cost of $140,000. Beesley Construction Co. was the contractor and the scheduled completion date was 15 July 1949. The 12 1/2 acre theater featured a diamond-shaped lot with a 46 by 64-foot screen and a capacity of 600 cars. There was a picnic ground and a playground for children. Ramps were numbered and lighted, and featured a combination speaker and heater. Moviegoers could press a button on the speaker to signal for refreshments.
1. "$140,000 Drive-In Theater Site Nearby", Murray Eagle, 17 June 1949, page 2